Don’t throw away the banana peels! We tell you how you can use banana peels as a natural moisturizer for your body and hair.
Bananas have excellent properties that benefit our bodies. But what about the banana peel? Whenever we consume this food, we discard it without stopping to think about whether it can be useful to us, as it happens with many other fruit peels. And yes: it is a lot. We tell you about the uses of banana peel as a natural moisturizer.
Uses of banana peel as a natural moisturizer
- It is moisturizing for dry skin. Bananas hide inside a large amount of amino acids and nutritional vitamins, such as A, B, C, and E (1). To take advantage of all these nutrients, we encourage you to make a hydrating face mask yourself. To do this, crush the peel of a banana, wash your face very well and apply it to the face. Once it has dried, which will take about 10 minutes, remove it and rinse your skin with warm water.
- Anti-acne moisturizer. Oily skin has the big problem of having an excess of sebum that causes acne, although this does not ensure that our skin is properly hydrated. If you want to kill two birds with one stone, rub the inside of a banana peel across your face and go to sleep without rinsing your face. The next day you can remove the remains and check that your skin is much softer, cleaner, and with the driest pimples.
- Anti-wrinkle moisturizer. Banana has nutrients and vitamins widely used in cosmetic products to combat wrinkles and premature aging. So why not use them directly and naturally? Cut the banana peel into strips and place them on your face. Rest like this for about 15 minutes, remove them, and rinse your face. It will be excellent protection!
- Moisturizing feet. If your heels are dry and you want to give them softness, rub the inside of the banana peel by your feet, let them sit for 5 minutes and rinse. Repeating this simple action daily, you will get a few feet of an ad in just a few days.
- Moisturizing for hair. The abuse of dyes and irons can significantly damage the hair, so it will be necessary to provide specialized care. Crush a banana peel and mix it with your usual shampoo or conditioner to give your hair an extra smoothness. In case of looking for deeper hydration, crush several shells, and apply them without mixing all over your hair. When you rinse it, you will see that the improvement is very noticeable. You’ll get a hair 10!
[Also Read: DIY Pumpkin Face Mask For Different Skin Types]