We propose two avocado recipes designed for babies that, in addition to being quick, tasty and easy, are very nutritious for your little one.
One of the best foods that your baby can eat from the age of 8 months is avocado. In addition, these recipes with avocado designed for babies that we propose are very easy and fast.
The avocado contains a large number of nutrients that are concentrated in the part closest to the skin, so when peeling it, you should make the most of the pulp. Unsaturated fat is very beneficial for babies because its composition is very similar to that of breast milk and it is very good for the development of their brain.
Our proposal: 2 recipes with avocado designed for babies:
1. Baby guacamole
(from 8 months)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain natural yogurt
- 1/4 lemon
- Cut the avocado in half. Peel it and remove the bone. Cut the avocado into pieces and mash them with a fork. Depending on the age of your little one, you can beat it in the mixer and you will get a smoother and creamier texture.
- Add the coriander, yogurt, and lemon. Stir it and you’re ready to serve.
- If it is leftover, you can keep it in the fridge and it will last another day without spoiling, but to prevent it from turning blackish, squeeze a lemon on the surface but without mixing it with the guacamole.
2. Avocado and mango salad
(for babies from 9 months)
With this dish, we are combining the benefits of avocado with mango, which is a fruit very rich in vitamins A and C. Keep in mind that this recipe incorporates citrus. In the United States, the recommendation of pediatricians about citrus consumption is that they can be included in the baby’s diet from 6 months.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 diced mango
- 1 crumbled cookie
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 small teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Olive oil
- For the preparation of the dressing, gather all the ingredients in a container and mix them.
- Place the avocado and mango pieces on a plate. Add the dressing and sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top.