6 Healthy Vegan Recipes for Kids
We propose 6 simple vegan recipes for babies, so that your child has a good dietary habit from an early age and what a vegan baby eats in one day.
The best way to get your child to have a good dietary habit is to learn to eat well from a young age. Therefore, we are going to give you some vegan baby recipes that will cover all your needs for vitamins, proteins, and minerals, avoiding anemias or any eating disorder. Six simple recipes with nutritious, varied and tasty foods that keep you healthy but also help you educate the palate from childhood.
You better plan your menus ahead of time. This way your food will be balanced and will provide you with all the nutrients you need such as iron, calcium, essential fatty acids and vitamins D and B12. The key, therefore, is the variety of foods that, according to their age, we must introduce into their diet: nuts, assorted fruits, soy milk, whole wheat bread, etc … and so you will see that the recipes that We offer you below, in addition to being tasty, they will provide you with all the nutrients your body needs to grow healthy and happy. Also, keep in mind that the Nutribaby kitchen robot is a great ally that allows you to cook easier and faster.
6 Simple Vegan Baby Recipes
1. Spinach with white sauce:
- Olive oil.
- Two tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Wash the spinach and steam.
- Once drained, add a splash of olive oil, salt and plain yogurt.
- Serve warm.
2. Pumpkin and soybean soup
- 1 ltr of water
- 125 gr. green soybean seed
- 200 gr. pumpkin
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Wash the vegetables and chop them.
- Put water to heat in a saucepan and pour the vegetables together with a splash of olive oil, parsley, black pepper to taste and a pinch of salt
- Put on high heat until it boils. Then lower the temperature to simmer for 30 minutes.
- When it comes to serving, you have two options, depending on the preference or even the age of the baby: serve it as a soup or as a puree by passing it through the mixer. If you think it will be too thick, remove part of the broth and after having mashed the mash, add it until it is to your liking..
3. Tomato soup
- 2 kg. tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 ml. cream
- Black pepper
- Put a splash of oil in the saucepan. Wash and chop the tomatoes and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes over medium heat and stir.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Use the mixer to make it like a cream and add salt and pepper
- Serve in a bowl and use a little cream to draw a funny face on the surface of the soup.
4. Soy meatballs
- 400 gr. textured soy
- A tablespoon of wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- Parsley, oil, and salt
- Soak the soy for an hour, so that it hydrates.
- Chop the garlic and parsley very finely
- Drain the soybeans and mix with the egg, flour, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Knead everything and when all the ingredients are well mixed, form the meatballs. Pass them through the breadcrumbs and reserve them.
- Put oil in a pan and when it is hot, add the meatballs to fry them.
- Drain the meatballs on absorbent paper and reserve them.
- Heat the tomato sauce and add the meatballs leaving everything together for a few minutes and serve.
5. Vegetable lasagna
- 14 lasagna plates
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 200 gr. spinach
- 1 l. milk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 150 ml. fried tomato
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash and chop the vegetables.
- Put a little oil in the pan. Salt the spinach and fry the spinach for a few minutes over medium heat, until the water is released and reduced. Take out and reserve in a source.
- Fry the rest of the vegetables: first the carrots and a few minutes later add the zucchini and after a few minutes, the eggplant. Leave them in the pan for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Combine the vegetables, spinach, and fried tomato. Mix everything very well and correct with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Prepare the lasagna plates as indicated by the manufacturer. Reserve.
- Make the béchamel sauce with the two tablespoons of oil and the butter. When the butter is melted, add the four tablespoons of flour and stir. Add a little milk to the dough that has been formed by stirring and keep adding more little by little until it has a creamy texture. Add salt.
- Assemble the lasagna putting in a baking dish, first a base of lasagna plates that you will have previously drained, on top of the vegetables with the tomato and then a new layer of lasagna plates and on top bechamel. Follow this process until you finish the layers. To finish, on top add grated cheese so that it is gratin.
- Bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes at 180ºC.
6. Spinach cannelloni
- 1/2 kilo of spinach
- 5 slices of vegetarian ham
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of whole flour
- 1 glass of soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the flour without it becoming colored. Mix little by little with the hot milk and cook without stopping moving over the fire until you get a béchamel sauce, season and reserve.
- Clean the spinach, wash them and steam them.
- Once ready, drain well to remove the water. Chop them and mix with 2-3 tablespoons of the bechamel.
- Spread the ham slices on a board and spread the spinach cream on the slices. Then fold the ham so that the spinach is inside.
- Place the ham rolls that have come out in a pan to gratin and pour the rest of the bechamel.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and put it to gratin.